Are your home brew beer exploits getting more serious and needing some help to grow bigger into a legit business? You are in luck! A new program has been launched that will allow for small scale craft producers to grow their operations and share their products with the world.
The Government wants to support agricultural businesses that provide unique specialty products, attract tourism and create jobs, especially in regional communities. There are two streams available.
Stream one: Small-Scale and Craft Business Development
Grants up to $25,000 for small- scale craft businesses and projects. It is aimed at allowing these businesses to grow larger and create more diverse products. Applications close on 6 December 2019.
Stream two: Job Creation and Economic Development
Grants of $25,000 – $200,000 for significant projects that will benefit the community plus create more jobs. Expression of interest forms need to be completed by 31 December 2019.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be registered as a business in Victoria.
- Have a Victorian business address.
- Be a legal entity.
- Operate a small/micro agribusiness within the small-scale and craft sector, i.e. cannot be a subsidiary of a larger firm.
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activities.
- Meet all industrial relation obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
- Be able to meet the agreed (minimum 50 per cent) private cash/finance contribution, and provide evidence of the contribution.
- Attest to having obtained all relevant regulatory permits and approvals for the project to commence (where applicable).
- Provide relevant business information on the project, including costs.
- For grants above $50,000, provide audited financial reports for the last three financial years to enable the department to conduct a Financial Risk Assessment (including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and notes to the accounts) and management or interim accounts for the current year, if the most recent Financial Report is more than six months old (Stream Two only).
For more info or to apply visit Agriculture Victoria.